Sausalito Marin City School District Strategic Priorities and Goals 2011/2012
Provide safe, healthy, positive learning environments
- Implement HKS Survey grades 5 and 7.
- Implement No Bully program.
- Implement Aeries discipline tracking.
- Implement positive behavior management systems district wide.
- Review, implement and monitor wellness policies.
- Explore working with National Equity Project.
Ensure that all students within SMCSD reach high levels of achievement
- Improve in academic achievement +30 points on CST/API at each grade level.
- Implement quarterly benchmark assessments cycles of improvement (PDSA) and report scores.
- Purchase and implement accelerated intervention curriculum and tools for student learning.
- Implement Aeries parent and student portals.
- Provide instructional and leadership coaching for teachers and administrators.
- Convene Re-Design Committee and develop action plan.
Maintain sound fiscal discipline and operations
- Convene Finance Committee.
- Analyze budget; complete long range forecast; align spending with goals (programs/students).
- Consider Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team (FCMAT) Health Risk
- Indicator goals.
- Revise and implement business processes – position control, payroll, budget reporting.
Attract, retain and inspire highly qualified staff
- Provide rigorous evaluations and support for continuous improvement for all staff.
- Provide timely evaluation; require goal setting, progress reporting and self-reflection.
- Provide leadership opportunities for staff.
- Ensure accountability for each and every job function; focus on student achievement.
- Engage the community by building strong, constructive relationships with students, parents and local groups
- Facilitate ongoing collaboration with after school service providers and focus on alignment with a common goal - student achievement.
- Engage community advocates in regular meetings with the Superintendent and Board of Trustees.
- Prepare and communicate schedule(s) of parent education events, outreach meetings, open houses and volunteers.
- Implement Connect Ed communication and provide access to computers for parents.